Friday, September 18, 2015

Keeping it SIMPLE ~ Banana Oat Pancakes

If you are anything like me, then you have kids and are always consistently on the go with them and their activities. Now that school is back in session, I'm back to a schedule and can plan much better. Over the last few years i have learned that i just want to live a life a simple as possible. I honestly have gotten rid of things that just don't serve my my purpose. Less is more is really the perfect saying for how I chose to live my life now. Now don't get me wrong I have my splurges but they are not what defines me as a person and who I am today. They are simply more just treats here and there for myself. So with the theme of KEEPING IT SIMPLE, I am not the best cook out there. I do like to cook when I have time and it's definitely got to be something that interests me. I recently ran across a recipe that was super simple and yummy which is right up my alley. The one thing I like about this recipe is that I am able to make a batch and freeze them. Which for me convenient for when I'm on the go. All you need to do is pop them in the toaster and that's it. They still taste the same as the day I made them.

While keeping it simple I also want to keep it healthy. Over the last few years I have substituted quite a few things to a healthier version of it. I did the process slowly and now it's just a matter of habit. So for me these pancakes were a no brainer. I like to prep as many meals as I can for the week, like on Sunday. That way I have everything ready for the week to go and it keeps me on track.






BANANA OAT PANCAKES

Serves 8(2pancakes each) Prep Time 15min Cooking Time 16min
Container equivalents per serving: 1 yellow   ½ purple

1 cup          Unsweetened almond milk
2                Large eggs
1                Large ripe banana
1tsp           pure vanilla extract
1tsp           baking powder, gluten free
1/2tsp       ground cinnamon
1 dash       sea salt or Himalayan salt
2 cups       old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2tsp      extra-virgin organic coconut oil
3 cups       fresh mixed berries



1- Place almond milk, eggs, banana, extract, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and oats in blender, cover. Blend until smooth.

2- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.

3- Pour 1/4cup batter onto skillet, cook 2-3mins or until bubbles form around the edges of the pancake. Flip with spatula, cook for another 2-3mins.

4- Continue with remaining batter

5- Serve with fresh berries

TIPS:
Left over pancakes can be heated in toaster.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 137

Total fat: 3g   Saturated Fat: 1g   Cholesterol: 47mg   Sodium: 139g   Carbohydrates: 22g  Fiber: 4g  Sugars: 5g  Protein: 5g

Would love to hear about any tips or tricks that you might do that have simplified your life. Please comment or post below. Also if you are looking for more yummy, healthy, simple recipes then post your email below or email me at purebalanceforlife@gmail.com Thanks for checking out my blog and DREAM BIG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment