Thursday, September 10, 2015

ENJOY WHAT THE JOURNEY HAS TO OFFER!

Can you still inspire others even when you yourself have not personally reached your goals that you have set up? ABSOLUTELY!!!  Life is a journey, it's not so much about point B or the final destination. It's more about the roads that you take on the journey and the experiences that happen while traveling to it.  I've learned this a bit more since starting my health and wellness journey back in 2005. It's been quite the ride over these last 10 years.  I truly believe that the experiences I have gone through, the good, the bad and the ugly were all part of the whole plan and were meant to happen to help me learn and grow into the person I am today. I can't tell you how many tears were shed but along with tears also came even more smiles in the process as well.


Over this past summer I committed myself to doing the Body Beast program all the way through. I started in June with this particular adventure. Also knowing that the summer season was approaching and that the party season and summer living was about to start up. First off let me start out by telling you how empowering it was to do Body Beast and incorporating weight lifting into my life. It gave me such a feeling of "YES I CAN DO THIS!!" As the weeks progressed i could feel my upper body strength becoming stronger. What a great feeling. I followed the meal plan as closely as possible using the 21 Day Fix portion control plan. Which for me is easy to follow. So now this is where I won't lie to you, did I have few cocktails while doing the program. YES!! I'm human and enjoy indulging on a sweet tasting martini. But for the most part I stayed on track Monday-Friday. Usually having a cheat meal or drink on the weekend if I  knew I was heading somewhere. Honestly I'm at a point in my life where I want to be able to enjoy life. Everything in moderation is what they say and I'm a firm believer in that. If I enjoy eating something that isn't the best for me why take it of the table and out of my life. I now will have a small piece of it, enjoy it and move along.



I finished up Body Beast at the end of August. I wasn't anywhere near what my ideal goal was but you know what, that's ok. I stuck to the program and completed it. I dropped 10lbs and 12" from it. For me that was awesome. I have for the last year kind of been at a plateau and it seemed liked no matter what I was doing I just couldn't drop anything. Will say clothes that we snug on me at the beginning of the summer now fit better and more comfortable on my. YAY!!  As I was saying I want to live my life in moderation. I also don't want to be a slave to working out 2 hrs a day to maintain results that are just impossible to maintain on an ordinary basis. I want to be able to have a dessert and enjoy and not feel guilty later on for it. So with the meal plan that I now follow I am able to do just that. It's a plan that works if your willing to do the work to follow it. It's not always easy but it definitely is worth it in the long run. Posted below are my before and after pics from this summer.


With that being said it doesn't matter part of the journey you are. If you are moving forward and working on you, that inspires others whether you believe it or not. People might not say anything to you but they are watching what you say or do. Even people that you think have it all put together have there own inner struggles.  So don't worry about what others are thinking, just do it for you. If you are doing it with an open heart and for the right intentions then life as you know it will become that much more meaningful to you.  I will continue on my journey and take what comes and goes as a blessing and be grateful for all that I get to experience. And if while I'm on my journey I just inspire one person then I know it was all worth it!!

If you are on your journey I would love to connect up with you and hear about it. Please share. If you don't know where to start then let's chat I would love to help you start your journey. You won't believe the amazing adventure it will be. Email me at purebalanceforlife@gmail.com.

LIFE'S AN ADVENTURE, GO OUT AND THERE AND LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST!!


No comments:

Post a Comment